Planet3 Wireless Inc. official Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) training course, UK public schedule courses delivered by LEVER Technology Group PLC, UK Premier CWNP Education Centre. This is the UK's most comprehensive and authoritative 802.11 (WiFi) Wireless Network training course.
Who should attend?
- IT professionals and network engineers responsible for installing or supporting 802.11 (Wi-Fi) Wireless networks.
- IT professionals wanting to progress into the wireless network industry.
- Network planners, designers and support staff.
- IT Security staff, managers and auditors.
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be prepared for the CWNA Certification Exam (Exam #PW0-100), which can be taken at any Prometric Testing Centre.
Prior to joining the CWNA training course, students should have a good understanding of Ethernet LANs and their operation, TCP/IP protocols, IP addressing and practical experience configuring and supporting Microsoft Windows 2000 or Windows XP. We recommend that delegates have a knowledge of networking as exhibited in the Net+, CCNA®, CNA, or MCP qualifications.
This market-leading UK Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) course from Planet3 Wireless Inc. and LEVER Technology Group PLC includes:
- 24 hours of expert Instructor-led tuition
- More than 30 lecture modules
- Advanced hands-on practical labs, working with enterprise-grade equipment from a range of vendors
- Official CWNA Self-Study Guide
- Official 500-page CWNA Course Guide training materials
- Unique course materials developed by LEVER
- 5-star lunches, refreshments, sodas, etc.
- State-of-the-art training environment and equipment
- Broadband Internet access, fax and telephony services available during your course
- Certificate following course completion
- Lifetime Post-Course Support
WiFi Hands-on Practical Labs
A major benefit of LEVER's UK CWNA courses is the extensive range of hands-on practical labs, which provide access to the widest range of corporate-grade wireless hardware and security products in the UK. LEVER's UK CWNA course provides the perfect opportunity to assess leading products from a diverse range of vendors, including Cisco, Proxim, Symbol, Buffalo, D-Link, Colubris Networks, Intermec, Microsoft, WildPackets, Air Magnet, Ekahau, Funk Software, and more.
By the end of 2004, most corporate IT networks will incorporate wireless devices using IEEE 802.11 wireless LAN technologies (Wi-Fi™). It is therefore now essential that data network consultants, planners, designers, and support staff to have in-depth skills and experience in 802.11 wireless networks.
This latest-edition Planet3-Certified course from LEVER Technology Group PLC - the UK's leading company for training in wireless technologies - provides an accelerated yet comprehensive hands-on practical coverage of IEEE 802.11 WLAN technologies, in a 3-day Boot Camp format.
The course incorporates some 24 hours of training, comprising 30 lecture modules, and comprehensive hands-on practical labs, working with enterprise-grade 802.11 Wi-Fi equipment from a range of vendors.
The course provides expert guidance on Wireless LAN site survey, product selection, equipment installation, wireless network configuration, support, wireless LAN security and troubleshooting.
In addition, LEVER incorporate unique enhancement to the course, to cover the latest developments, and provide the best 802.11 WiFi WLAN training in the UK.
Our training gives you experience with equipment from several leading vendors, not just one, including Cisco Systems, Symbol Technologies, Proxim, Orinoco, Colubris Networks, Linksys, D-Link, Netgear, AirMagnet, WildPackets, Funk Software, Microsoft and more.
Delegates also learn about the very latest innovations and developments across the complete range of wireless LAN industry vendors.
Lifetime Post-Course Support
After completing this course, delegates receive lifetime post-training support from LEVER Technology Group PLC, to help them apply the technologies and skills they have learned with us, to provide career-long support, and to ensure they are better equipped for their future roles in IT and networking.
Enhanced CWNA course
This official Planet3 Wireless Inc. certified course features additional course modules and hands-on practical labs, developed exclusively by LEVER Technology Group PLC.
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the essential concepts of Radio Frequency (RF) technology, including RF planning, RF-related calculations and spread spectrum technologies.
- Understand the fundamental operation of wireless LANs, for effective WLAN problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Describe the rules governing wireless LANs, to comply with local radio regulations for setup and maintenance of WLANs.
- Correctly install, configure and support wireless NICs, access points, wireless bridges, workgroup bridges, wireless gateways and WLAN antennas from Cisco Systems, Proxim Inc, Orinoco, Colubris Networks and more.
- Analyse and troubleshoot WLAN problems in-depth, including RF coverage, multipath, hidden nodes and interference problems
- Work with sophisticated WLAN diagnostic tools such as AirMagnet and WildPackets AiroPeek NX.
- Perform a site survey for the installation of WLANs.
- Understand the insecurities in IEEE 802.11 WLANs.
- Identify the attacks that can occur from network hackers.
- Secure the transmission of data over a wireless LAN using WEP and Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA).
- Secure wireless LANs using Cisco LEAP, TKIP and MIC.
- Secure wireless LANs using generic 802.1x/EAP on access points from a range of manufacturers.
- Secure wireless LANs using VPN tunelling and encryption techniques including PPTP and IPSec.
- Conduct essential security surveys to assess the presence and vulnerabilities of WLANs.
Hands-on practical labs
The course incorporates more than twelve hands-on practical labs, many of which have been developed and enhanced by ourselves and are unique to LEVER.
The thirty three course modules include:
- Introduction to Wireless LANs
- Organisations and Vendors
- Standards and Applications
- Radio Frequency (RF) fundamentals
- Spread Spectrum technologies
- Access Points, Service Sets, and the Distribution System
- Wireless Bridges
- Wireless Ad Hoc networks
- Antennas and Accessories
- RF Propagation
- Wireless network Organisations and Standards
- 802.11 Network Architecture
- Physical and MAC Layers
- Bandwidth Control, Network Management and AAA
- Routers, Gateways, Switches, and VoWi-Fi
- Troubleshooting Wireless LANs
- Wireless LAN Security
- WLAN security solutions
- VPN-based security solutions
- RF Site Surveys