Why this CWNA course?
This CWNA course from LEVER - the World's First and only CWNP GOLD Learning Partner - includes:
- Expert Certified Wireless Network Administrator (CWNA) training
- Preparation towards CWNA certification
- Hands-on training on industry-leading equipment, with your choice of equipment including:
- Cisco Unified Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) and CAPWAP APs
- Ruckus Wireless controller-based WLAN
- Aruba Networks Instant and Aruba Controller-based products
- Zebra (Motorola) VX controller-based WLAN
- Ubiquiti UniFi WLANs
- Overview of Wi-Fi network Planning, Design and Site Survey
- Your pre-paid CWNA Examination Voucher
- Access to the Certitrek on-line CWNA Exam Prep Questions
- Printed copies of the Certitrek CWNA Training Courseware – 2x books
- A copy of the Official CWNA Study Guide
- Lifetime Post-Training Support from LEVER Technology Group PLC
- All lunches and refreshments
- Expert tuition from Europe's longest established CWNP Training Partner, and the World's first and only GOLD Learning Partner
- Expert advice from the World's leader in Wi-Fi network Planning, Design, Survey, Analysis and Remediation
CWNA Training Course Objectives
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand and apply the essential concepts of Radio Frequency (RF) technology, including RF planning, RF-related calculations and spread spectrum technologies.
- Understand RF Spectrum Analysis for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands.
- Describe the rules governing wireless LANs, to comply with local radio regulations for setup and maintenance of WLANs.
- Understand the fundamental operation of wireless LANs, for effective WLAN problem analysis and troubleshooting.
- Understand IEEE 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11a, 802.11n (2.4GHz and 5GHz) and 802.11ac standards and amendments; and their practical relevance in depth.
- Correctly install, configure and support Wi-Fi adapters, access points, wireless bridges and WLAN antennas.
- Understand 802.11 / Wi-Fi WLAN Physical and MAC -layer operation in depth.
- Analyse and troubleshoot WLAN problems including RF coverage, multipath, hidden nodes and interference problems.
- Understand the essential tools and processes used in WiFi Site Survey.
- Work with sophisticated WLAN diagnostic tools from MetaGeek, AirMagnet, Savvius (WildPackets), Tamosoft and more.
- Understand the insecurities inherent in IEEE 802.11 WLANs.
- Understand the best-practices for securing WiFi networks for small, medium and large organisations.
Who should attend this CWNA course
- IT professionals and network engineers responsible for installing or supporting 802.11 (Wi-Fi) Wireless networks.
- IT professionals wanting to progress into the wireless network industry.
- Network planners, designers and support staff.
- IT Security staff, managers and auditors.
CWNA Course Pre-requisites
Prior to joining the course, students should meet the following pre-requisites:
- Have a good understanding of switched Ethernet LANs and MAC addressing;
- IP addressing, configuration and troubleshooting;
- Practical experience in Administration and Troubleshooting of Microsoft Windows XP;
- Practical experience Troubleshooting hardware drivers on Microsoft Windows 7 or later;
- Experience of configuring devices such as SOHO or Enterprise-grade IP routers or similar appliances.
This course helps attendees prepare for the Certitrek CWNA-106 exam.
Available Hands-on Lab Exercises include:
- Exploring 802.11
- Understanding standard documents
- Viewing the various sections
- Mastering the terminology
Configuring an autonomous AP
Configuring a Controller-based Enterprise-grade Wi-Fi Solution
Hands-on training on industry-leading equipment, with your choice of equipment including:
Cisco Unified Wireless LAN Controller (WLC) and CAPWAP APs
Ruckus Wireless controller-based WLAN
Aruba Networks Instant and Aruba Controller-based products
Zebra (Motorola) VX controller-based WLAN
Ubiquiti UniFi WLANs
Configuring Wi-Fi Clients
Configuring connection profiles
Fine-tuning Wi-Fi clients
Using and detecting in-line and mid-span PoE
Viewing activity in a spectrum analyser
Understanding RF signatures
2.4GHz vs. 5GHz RF band congestion
Viewing active networks in a Wi-Fi Finder (MetaGeek inSSIDer)
Protection mechanism configuration
Spectrum view with an 802.11n/ac AP
Spectrum view with an 802.11a/g AP
Site Survey Tools
Using tablet- or phone-based site survey software
Using laptop site survey software
Using predictive site survey software
Configuring Basic Security
Viewing packets without security
Configuring an AP to use WPA2-Personal
Connecting to the AP with a client
Viewing packets with security
Lifetime Post-Course Support
After completing this
CWNA training course, delegates receive lifetime post-training support
from LEVER Technology Group PLC, to help them apply the technologies and skills they have learned with us, to provide career-long support, and to ensure they are better equipped for their future roles in IT and networking.