Why this IUWNE course?
In this course, you'll learn to design, install, configure, monitor, and troubleshoot a Cisco Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) in small and medium-sized business and enterprise installations. You'll cover controller and access point (AP) configuration, and you'll learn to install a mobility express wireless controller and AP. You'll reinforce what you learn during the lecture by:
- Working with remote labs using real Cisco equipment to convert an autonomous AP to controller-based mode
- Working with the map editor tool
- Troubleshooting issues introduced by the instructor.
IUWNE Training Course Objectives
On completing this course, you will be able to:
- Fundamentals of wireless technologies
- The Cisco Unified Wireless Network architecture
- Basic installation of a Wireless LAN Controller
- Install and configure wireless client software
- Implement basic wireless security
- Perform basic WCS administration
- Perform basic maintenance and troubleshooting tasks in a wireless environment
Who should attend this IUWNE course
- The primary audience is those individuals interested in gaining an overview of a Cisco WLAN and the technologies that can be deployed within that Network. It is an ideal course for those that are new to wireless and are looking to gain the 1st level of wireless certification.
IUWNE Course Pre-requisites
Cisco recommend that you acquire the following certification(s) prior to attending this course:
- ICND1 Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 1
- AND: ICND2 Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices Part 2
- OR: CCNABC Cisco CCNA Certification Fast Track Programme.
This course helps you prepare cor Cisco Exam 640-721 - IUWNE: Implementing Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Essentials.
Lab 1: Get Familiar with Antennae and Ranges
Lab 2: EIRP Calculation and Antenna Choice
Lab 3 Create an Ad Hoc (IBSS) Network and Analyze the Communication
Lab 4: Configure a Controller
Lab 5: Configure and Convert an Autonomous AP to Controller-Based Mode
Lab 6: Install and Configure a Mobility Express Wireless Controller and AP
Lab 7: Install and Use the ADU
Lab 8: Experiment Connection and Roaming
Lab 9: 802.1Q and Web Authentication
Lab 10: Configure EAP-FAST Authentication with WPA
Lab 11: Configure Controllers and APs from the WCS Interface
Lab 12: Work with Maps
Lab 13: Monitor the Network and Locate Devices
Lab 14: Back Up the Controller Configuration and WCS Database
Lab 15: Troubleshooting
Lab 16: Troubleshoot with Wireshark and Convert an Access Point to Autonomous Mode (Optional)
Lifetime Post-Course Support
After completing this
IUWNE training course, delegates receive lifetime post-training support
from LEVER Technology Group PLC, to help them apply the technologies and skills they have learned with us, to provide career-long support, and to ensure they are better equipped for their future roles in IT and networking.